Pocket Guide to Matching the Hatch
by Peter Lapsley
This compact, little pocket book – the first ever to feature the natural insect next to its matching artificial fly – arms the angler with all the information he needs to select the right fly from his flybox.
• Superb photographs of aquatic insects (larvae, pupae, adults)
with the artificial flies positioned alongside them
• Times of hatching
• The geographical distribution
• Whether it is a river fly or a lake fly, or both
• Life cycles of the insects
• Clues from the river and from the trout’s behaviour
Peter Lapsley contributes regularly to Flyfishing & Flytying and is author of several fishing books. He is a qualified national game angling instructor.
Dr Cyril Bennett is one of the UK’s leading entomologists, specialising in river insects. His photographs of insects – some never before captured on camera – add a unique element to this book.
178 Colour photographs, 40 Black & white illustrations
Wed, Apr 14, 2010