Much Ado About Mutton
by Bob Kennard
Mutton once took pride of place on every dining table up and down the country. It was the nation’s favourite dish. It fed us all, from peasant to King.
Whatever happened to it?
Bob Kennard explains the decline of this nutritious and lucrative commodity which once made men rich and kept them healthy.
But more importantly, he explains why mutton is now poised to make a come-back.
Its extraordinary health and environmental benefits are at last being recognised.
In Much Ado About Mutton, the author includes all the latest information:
• Where to buy mutton today
• What to look for in a cut of mutton
• Modern and traditional mutton recipes
• Appraisal of the best mutton breeds
• Directory of UK sheep breeds
• Mutton farming around the world
• Mutton in literature
• Braxy ham, salt marsh mutton, reestit mutton
• Mutton’s benefits to the environment
• New findings: mutton as a super-meat?
Foreword by HRH Prince of Wales
284 Colour photographs, 16 Black & white photographs, 25 Black & white illustrations
Thu, Sep 04, 2014