It's getting dark outside, but there is LOTS to keep you occupied at home. Enjoy a good book, or make someone's day with one of our recommended titles:
1) A Shropshire Lad, new photographic edition with beautiful images that celebrate the county, paired with Housman's moving words.
2) My Wood by Stephen Dalton, this book will appeal to all wildlife lovers, his photos showcase the restoration of biodiversity in his small wood in Sussex. A must read for woodland walkers.
3) Fishing with Harry. The story of a lifelong friendship between the author and his father-in-law. Harry and Tony set off on an adventure that results in this tale of piscatorial mayhem. At times touching, at times bawdy, always amusing – this is a book not just for anglers but for anyone who enjoys a finely-told story.
4) The season is upon us, time to harvest and make your own Herbal Remedies to stave off colds and boost wellness naturally. Britain’s hedgerows abound with forgotten remedies, this book explains them all.
5) Not much of a reader, no problem - why not learn a new skill with our practical guide to knots. Handy to use when out and about with clear pictures, a most affordable little paperback.