Maynard, Secrets of a Bacon Curer
by Maynard Davies
Fans of Maynard will be delighted to read his further adventures in bacon curing. The last of the traditionally-apprenticed bacon curers, the author regales and inspires his readers with tales of
- visits from the health inspectors
- his colourful customers and work colleagues
- his tips on curing, smoking and selling
- the burglaries, bungled deals and triumphs
- his growing reputation in the field
- travels to learn how to make parma ham and much more.
This book is the same addictive concoction of humour, tragedy and plain common sense, told in Maynard's disarmingly frank manner.
Fri, Jun 29, 2007